We at time-lock.com want to welcome you to our site and how better than to offer a chance for some friendly competition and time lock–related research? Well, offer prizes, of course!
Beginning in December of 2010 (our “beta” period) and each month of 2011, time-lock.com will run a contest and give away two signed copies of our book, American Genius: Bank Locks and Time Locks of the Nineteenth Century. We would like everyone to participate in the spirit of fun, and so rather than put out a long list of rules, we offer the following guidelines for participants:
- The time-lock.com admin folks are the ultimate arbiters of any dispute. We’re are looking forward to never acting in this role.
- Entry is free.
- Enter using our Contact Page: include that you’re entering the contest, the month, your answer and your preferred contact method.
- Contests open at midnight “Eastern Time (GMT—5)”:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC−5 on the first day of each month and end at midnight on the last day of the month. Eligibility is based on the time stamp on your email.
- Two prizes will be awarded each month: one prize for the first correct answer (earliest eligible time stamp) and another awarded to an entrant drawn randomly from all other correct entries.
- Each individual can win twice: once by earliest entry and once by random draw. If an entrant has won by earliest entry, s/he will only be entered for the random draw.
- All correct entrants will receive a secure printable PDF certificate of congratulations.
- In the event any entrant or potential entrant feels unfairly treated, we encourage that s/he contact us and we will be happy to discuss it; however, the only remedy that we can promise is a full refund. For further details on your refund, please see Rule 2.